Friday, September 16, 2011

Overwhelming

I have not done a great job at keeping up with this blog as I wanted to. All I can say is that I feel like there are about 45 hours a day of work to do, and I have about, oh, 4, at best? Not to mention the amount of self educating I am having to do to know how to run a social media marketing site.

It's definitely an undertaking. This business was something we'd knew would take time, from the beginning. I have had to get really good at time management and doing things efficiently.

I wanted to do this blog because eventually, I would love for other people who wanted to start a business to use this as a resource. Or at least, read through our day to day happenings and learn how TO do something or how NOT TO do something. I also want people to understand that nothing happens overnight. Vision takes time. A business, one that is fruitful, one that you can leave as a legacy, that has staying power, is one that takes time in the beginning. You plant the seed and pray for rain. When the rain comes, your garden is ready from all of the work you've done in the beginning.

So, I've spend today doing data entry. ALOT of data entry. The nature of our business requires alot of time spent in front of the computer. For now, that's pretty much all we are doing. In the near future, there will be more interacting with future clients and visitors to the site. But for now, it's the tediousness of sitting in front of the computer when I get home from work and just starting at the screen, entering in data.

It's not all bad. I would consider this my second job and I still get to see my daughter. My rule is that when I get home until my daughter goes to bed, the 2 hours I have a night with her, are spent with her and my husband. After she goes to bed, around 7:30, I spend the night however many hours working. I try not to stay up too late, because I still have to be able to function. So once again, it can't be time wasted. Time is just not something I have alot of to spare lately.

I am looking forward to the next part though!

No comments:

Post a Comment